June 18, 2012

Don't Just Engage Me, Marry Me!


I love those little moments when people call, text or bbm me telling that their man has just popped the question. I love it! I also love hearing about wedding plans, bridesmaids, cakes, venues to a certain extent. Don't go on about it, I got things to do instead of listening to you rumble on about your wedding.

BUT what really gets me going is when you get engaged with no plans for a wedding? What are we doing getting engaged for two years? If a man asks me to marry him, he better believe that I'm going to start googling Vera Wang dresses and finding out which horrid dresses I'm going to put my lovely girlfriends in. Don't ask me to marry you if you don't want to get married right now. I had a man, lovely guy, a bit too light skinned but lovely nonetheless. He decided that it was a good idea to ask me to marry him and it was. So he does his thing and asks me to marry him and I asked him if he was asking me to marry him because he was ready to get married. He said he wasn't ready but he loved me and wanted to spend his life with me. So you want to hook me nucca? That's the male equivalence of pregnancy. They don't want you to leave so they hook you by dangling marriage in front of us.

The next thing you know you wake up one morning five years later wondering how you're still Miss and not Mrs Jones. You were the first one of your friends to get engaged but they've made their walk down the aisle and you're still waiting for the money to be right. Maybe I'm wrong, I dont know but since I'm not pro-marriage when I bend my beliefs a little bit to marry you cannot tell me that it's going to be a long engagement. No, you go down on one knee and I say yes; you best believe that I'm going to start planning our wedding that same night! Google never sleeps!

*drops mic*


No comments:

Post a Comment